Icons are everywhere!

An icon is someone who makes an effort. Art makes an effort. Therefore art is an icon. Marilyn Monroe was and is an icon and a work of art as well. Hence Marilyn Monroe and art have a nature in common. Icon - Art - Marilyn is iconic.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

100 Gay Icons, And Why the Gays Love Them - Part 1

Hey there! After a hiatus on the site due to my move to the UK I am back and full of ideas and energy to give you all the pop culture stuff that you love and adore! And to hit your pop culture puss right where it needs pounding I give you a ten parts long segment. 


So here is part one of the new segment: "100 Gay Icons, And Why the Gays Love Them". This time I'm gonna give you numbers 100 till 91 with explanations of why the gays like them. But let me say: To make this list was not that easy. First there are tons of Gay Icons out there. Second: This is only my selection, and I am sure there are many other Icons worth mentioning. And when part one will be on the blog I will also give you a list of Icons that I considered being on the list, but did not put on. Concerning the ranking Jeez! That was hard. I'm still not sure about some positions but overall I'm happy with my choices! If you tend to disagree tweet me @s4mlkueh, facebook me here or just comment below! Lets get to it, shall we?

#100 - Nicki Minaj

Minaj is a hip hop Barbie, that has made "Think pink!" go street cred. Her looks and her music has gotten her on that list. But I put her right in the back of it since she still is much more about hip hop than about gay rights. But still we have to menation her. Who knows what is to come? (Hopefully not another nip-slip on GMA! That was not fabulous!) 


#099 - Josh Hutcherson

The Hunger Games star has recently been awarrded with the Vanguard Award from  GLAAD and is openly speaking out for equality and gay marriage. Besides that. He is such a cutie. All the gays want him! Maybe our next Anderson Cooper!


#098 - Michelle Obama

Her husband is the first sitting president to support gay marriage. And that she is promotig healthy eating and equal opportunities for everyone seals the deal. (Besides her fab fashion choices!) That is a First Lady the gays like!



#097 - David Beckham

Okay not really outspoken in the way many others are, but sometimes the gays dont give a shit. They just want him to be gay because of his looks. And guess what: that is fine with me!


#096 - Barack Obama

Look at him! Like I said: " the first sitting president to support gay marriage". If thats not progress to be mentioned here, what is?



#095 - Pamela Anderson

Her snatch and boobs might not be what a gay man calls yummy, but for sure the Baywatch beauty and PETA supporter also jiggles her two, well, "friends" for equality!



#094 - Greta Garbo

The gay community has this tendency of choosing dead movie stars from Hollywoods glam era to be icos in their universe. And "The Garbo" sure has secured her spae with her amazing presence on screen!



#093 - Carol Brunette

I'm still too young to know about her in deatil (And I am quite happy that this is the fact!) but this fierce funny woman sure is a gay icon. I mean Pandora Boxx imitated her at the Snatch Game for a reason!


#092 - Jean Harlow

Marilyns blonde bombshell idol that was the first: "Live glam, work hard, die young and become a myth!" laday of showbiz. And the gay love her for that! (The gays would love anyone that gave the Marilyn!)


#091 - Iggy Azalea

She might be an Australian black woman trapped in the body of a Swedish milk bun that raps as if her tongue was ripped out of a pro's mouth, but she sure mentions gays here and there. But: In a positive way. A young FemC with potential to make hip-hop less homophobic.

No comments:

Post a Comment